The proposed position consists of ensuring three sets of activities :
- Engineering and project management in the “Cherçons pour Voir” laboratory, in collaboration with research laboratories, companies, professionals with visual impairments, and people with visual impairments.
- IT infrastructure management and IT assistance to IJA professionals.
- Technological monitoring and training of professionals on new technologies.
“Cherchons pour Voir” is a joint laboratory between IRIT (Toulouse Institute for Computer Science Research, piloted by CNRS and the University of Toulouse) and CESDV-IJA (Center for Special Education for the Visually Impaired – IJA) . CPV’s goal is to create new assistive technologies for the visually impaired but also educational technologies for special education teachers. Some of these technologies are used in classrooms , deployed in events (for example the interactive tactile map for the Ramonville street festival), or transferred to private partners.
- Engineering of research and innovation projects
- Project management (writing, management, reporting)
- Professional needs analysis
- Watch over tenders
- IT infrastructure management and user support
- Develop and monitor the budget of an investment plan
- Being in contact with the various providers
- Manage IT and telephony equipment
- Provide support to professionals and users
- Analyze a request and collect the needs necessary for its realization
- Participate in writing the offer
- Coordinate the delivery of the service in close collaboration with the IJA professionals (locomotion instructor, transcriptionist-document adapter, trainer, teacher, …)
- Train and support IJA teachers in the use of new tools from research projects
- Create and run training sessions on these new tools for professionals with visual impairment in France
- Scientific activities and technological watch
- Design and evaluation of new assistance or educational tools
- Technological monitoring of developments in the field
- Report writing
- Supervision of interns and doctoral students
- Communication and scientific publications
- Participation in the writing of professional and academic publications
- Presentation of projects in national and international conferences and conferences
- Create and lead events (workshops, conferences, etc.)
- Management of “Cherchons pour voir” communication tools (website, twitter, lists, etc.)
- Expertise in project engineering and innovation
- Good teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Knowledge of communication tools (web, Twitter, etc.)
- Computer skills (Windows, MS Office, vector design, Android, etc.)
- Knowledge of visual impairment and the professions of visual impairment
- Knowledge of assistive technologies for the visually impaired
- Rapid prototyping (3D printing, laser cutting, Arduino electronic boards, etc.)
- Knowledge of participatory design and evaluation methods
The position is a full-time permanent contract which can start at the earliest. The salary level will depend on the qualifications and seniority of the candidate. The main place of work is the CESDV-IJA, Toulouse.
Contact and application
Send a full CV with a cover letter to :